Pure assam silk mekhela chador with exotic golden thread weaving works
Assam Silk Mekhela Chador with exotic golden thread weaving (ZARI Work). It has blouse piece. Mekhela Chador: A two piece Saree There are two main pieces of cloth that are draped around the body. The bottom portion, draped from the waist downwards is called the Mekhela. It is in the form of a very wide cylinder that is folded into pleats to fit around the waist and tucked in. The top portion of a long length of cloth that has one end tucked into the upper portion of the Mekhela, and the rest draped over and around the rest of the body. Invariably there is a blouse that is worn underneath the top half of the body. It is very easy to wear than a Saree and due to its length it is light weight. Size: Length: Mekhela=42 Inches Length X 64 Inches Width Chador=100 Inches Length X 40 Inches Width Blouse piece of Standard size attached Assam is the home of several types of silks, the most prominent and prestigious being Muga (Mooga or Moonga as some pronounce), the golden silk found exclusively in this state. The texture is delicate, with dainty designs and natural colors. Muga silk is the product of the silkworm "Antherea assamensis" endemic to Assam. The silk produced is known for its glossy fine texture and durability. Due to its low porosity the Muga yarn cannot be bleached nor dyed and its natural golden color is retained. This silk can be hand-washed with its luster increasing after every wash. Very often the silk outlives its owner. Apart from Muga silk, there is Pat (Assam Silk) and Eri or Endi, the latter being used to manufacture warm clothes for winter. The silk commonly found in Assam is non-mulberry silk. Pat which is mulberry silk is found in small quantities. Endi is yellowish in color and is found in rough and smooth varieties. Pat silk is produced by silkworms which feed on mulberry (Morus spp.) leaves. It is usually brilliant white or off-white in colour. Its cloth can dry in shadow. The Muga unique silk is mostly found in Assam only. The reason is - Muga Silk Worms cannot survive in any climate other than that of Assam or North East. Muga, the golden silk, produced by silkworms are native only to Assam and nowhere in the world.
Size: Length: Mekhela=42 Inches Length X 64 Inches Width Chador=100 Inches Length X 40 Inches Width Material Used: Assam Silk Colors: Golden
- 7 day Refund Policy
- Available Worldwide
- We deliver orders to all pincodes across India via Fedex, Bluedart, DTDC & SpeedPost (remote areas).
- 8 Business days. Orders from remote locations might be slightly delayed.
- FREE shipping on all orders across all locations in India.
We ship to following countries:
- Please note that we require minimum order value of USD 151.52 for shipping outside India.
- 12-15 business days basis destination country. If ‘Custom Stitching’ is selected, we need 5-8 days extra.
- USD 15.15 - First 500 grams and USD 6.06 - Every additional 500 grams. Total shipping charges basis the weight of items in your order will be reflected on ‘checkout’ page.
- 5-8 business days in addition to order delivery time. This service is provided to customers outside India only.
- Blouse - USD 21.21 | Salwar Suit - USD 30.3 | Lehenga - USD 36.36 (may vary basis type and fit chosen)
- Stitched Products are customized to your measurements, cannot be resold/reused and hence will not be eligible for returns/refunds.
- Please mention ‘Stitching Required’ in ‘Notes’ on checkout page. Measurements forms will be emailed to you after completing your order.
- Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Netbanking
- Cash on Delivery
- Cash Before Delivery. In this mode of payment cash is collected in advance.
- Bank deposit to our Indian bank account.
- Credit Cards
- Bank deposit to our Indian bank account.
- If you are not happy with a product you have received, don’t worry. You can always return it back within 7 days without any deductions.
- Send us an email preferably within 48 hours of receiving the product. Our team will reply with the instructions and return shipping address to which you need to send back the product.
- If you wish to replace a damaged product, we will send you a new one. We can also refund the amount to your credit card/bank account or offer you a store credit redeemable towards future purchases.