Buy 1 Get 1 FREE | Extra 20% Off Sitewide + FREE SHIPPING on 99 USD×
7 Day Returns
If you are not happy with the product you have received, don't worry. You can always ship it back to us within 7 days without any deductions.
Please drop us an email within 48 hours that you wish to return a product. Our team will reply to you with an approval email containing the instructions and return shipping address to which you need to send back the product. We request you to use a reputed courier with proper tracking number. We apologize for not offering reverse pickups at this point and plan to introduce that soon. Mirraw will not bear the return shipping charges.
If you wish to replace a damaged product, we will send you a new one. We can also refund the amount to your credit card/bank account or offer you a store credit redeemable towards future purchases.
We ship orders to 200+ countries worldwide. You can select your ‘country’ from the dropdown list on ‘checkout’ page.
Shipping Charges vary based on the location. Total shipping charges basis the weight of items in your order will be reflected on ‘checkout’ page.'
12-15 business days basis destination country. If 'Stitching' is selected, we need 5-8 days extra.
Credit Cards, Debit Cards
Bank deposit to our Indian bank account.
5-8 business days in addition to order delivery time. This service is provided to customers outside India only.
Look dapper at your wedding dressed in a gorgeous Sherwani
What is a Sherwani?
We all know that the range of women’s ethnic wear is a lot more than men but in today’s scenario, men are not left far behind. Nowadays, only a kurta does not constitute male ethnic wear. Sherwanis are the order of the day today. The designers are making Sherwanis for every occasion now, be it your engagement, wedding or even your friend’s wedding. The ranges of Sherwanis that are being designed now belong to many classes. Wedding Sherwanis have different make and other party wear Sherwanis have a totally different design. Ethnic wears which are mainly for occasions like weddings and traditional occasions have a lot of intricate designs on them, such as of zari, pearls, stones, bejewelled appliqués and even sequins. These intricate designs offer a different and classy look to each Sherwani. The make and model of each Sherwani is also different as many different and ne designs are being created by the fashion professionals. Let us take a look into the origin of Sherwani, when the Sherwani came into being. A Sherwani is a long coat-like garment which is traditionally worn by Indians. They are more or less similar in design as the British long coat. This coat is worn over kurta, paired with a churidar, a dhoti or even a salwar, depending on the style of the coat. A dupatta also comes with the ensemble but it is not mandatory. The Sherwani originated in 19th century British India and was the mostly associated with royals. The rulers, the Nawabs of the princely states mostly wore Sherwanis. With the passage of time, new styles evolved and now everywhere in India Sherwanis are worn by many people, typically during formal occasions.
The Wedding Attire
When shopping for designer Sherwanis, there are few aspects that you must consider before you buy a Sherwani. The fabric of your Sherwani must be the best. Since you and your partner would be the stars of the evening, everybody will be evaluating how you look. For that reason, you must ensure that you look uncompromisingly the best that day. Go for heavily embroidered royal fabric Sherwanis that we offer on Mirraw. The zardousi Hyderabadi Sherwanis that we offer are exclusively for the wedding collection. Next thing to consider is the colours. Half the look of your Sherwani gets its royalty from the colours. Since its your day, choose a colour that will brighten up your image. Go for bright colours like red, royal blue, and golden. When you go on a Sherwani online shopping spree, visit our wedding collection on Mirraw. You will not only get the colour you are looking for but also in the designs you want. The Sherwanis that you buy for wedding purposes must look traditional as well as a class apart. The design is one of the most important contributing factors. The designer Sherwani that you are choosing must look like one for a wedding. For this reason, we at Mirraw offer some really unique and exclusive designs. It is obvious that you would want to look better than everyone else which is why choosing the correct design, something that is not very common, is important. Your Sherwanis must fit you well. Ill-fitted Sherwanis will not only make you look clumsy but rob you of the royal look that you intended. So, fitting and the overall visual appeal are important factors that you should consider.
The various types of Sherwanis
- Chipkan style Sherwanis: These types are inspired from the Royal Mughal period. With a kurta beneath, they have a small vest-like jacket, usually of a contrasting colour and is paired with churidars.
- Indo western Sherwani: these Sherwanis are shorter in length than the usual Sherwanis. They have a very modern look about them and are suitable for all occasions.
- Achkan Sherwanis: These are the most common Sherwanis. They are knee-length jackets with a royal look. They are mostly tight-fitted jackets and go best with churidars.
- Angrakha Sherwanis: They are quite common for weddings with heavily embroidered front panels and bejewelled appliqués. Many of them come with matching stoles and churidars.
- Printed modern Sherwanis: they are a modern variation. They are also designer Sherwanis but also have a really classy look. They go well with salwar pants too. Heavy embroidery and simple looking ones, both varieties are available.
- Pakistani Sherwani: These types are long but they end just above the knees. They are mostly bandh-galas, with intricate designs and embroidery. Both salwars and churidars go well with these. They have works all over the piece. They can be worn with or without a stole.
- Jodhpuri Sherwanis: These Sherwanis come with a mandarin collar. They have heavy sequin works and designs near the collar area and small boti prints and sequin designs all over. They go well with dhotis too.
- Jacket style Sherwanis: These are a very modern type of outfit. They go well with formal pants and churidars mostly. You have a kurta on top of which you put on this jacket. The jacket is beautifully designed with a lot of intricate work all over. They come in many materials.
- Anarkali Style Sherwani: this type of Sherwani has a royal Rajput look about it. It has a kurta that ends with flair and a frock style, very much like women’s anarkali style kameez. They are knee-length and come with a tight-fitted jacket over it. They look best with matching churidars.
- Rajasthani Sherwani: They are the true royal spirit of ethnic wear. They Sherwanis come in excellent zardousi designs, with real precious stone works. The collars differ but the material is usually silk. They are gorgeous and perfect for weddings. You will also get matching stoles and turbans with the ensemble.
- Pathani Sherwanis: They are mostly worn by Pathans back in the day but are now very common. They are a little loose fitting kurtas with salwar pants, and a waist-coat, now known as a Nehru jacket with the suit. These also give the person a very classy and modern look.
Summary: This season is all about modern ethnic with a twist and sherwanis have got a great makeover making it a perfect option for men to wear on special occasions.
Hi! We have set regional currency setting for you
Currency - United States USD
"Mirraw was superfast. I ordered on 26th Dec and today (28th Dec) I got the product. I also got a call yesterday by the Gharpay executive before coming for the pick up, as committed by Team Mirraw. I Ordered Victorian Double Tokri Kashmiri Earring. The design and specially the color of the stones which I was specific to be the same as mentioned in the website was perfectly the same. Moreover, It looks amazingly beautiful with my Royal Blue and Pink Benarasi Saree. Very happy with the service. Keep it up Mirraw ! All the Best ! " -- Suranjeeta Das, New Delhi
"I'd like to take this opportunity to let you know that I am very happy with your customer service. I had an issue with a damaged piece and it was dealt with efficiently. I received the temple set and others in my order and I am extremely happy with your professionalism. All items were very well made and worth the money. Keep up the good work." -- Anjana Das, Tennessee, United States