Design Catalog Remove Warning
Latest Banarasi Sarees Collection with Price
|Sr. No.||Banarasi Sarees List||Price (USD)|
|1.||Peach silk cotton benaras brocade with antique zari||USD 158.11|
|2.||Mustard yellow silk cotton benarasi brocade with antique zari||USD 158.11|
Banarasi Sarees Online
Hearing the term Banarasi the first thing that comes to mind is “Banarasi Saree” which are exclusive made in Varanasi a city which is also called "Benares". These are considered among the finest sarees in India. They are known for their gold and silver brocade or zari, fine silk and opulent embroidery, and being highly sought after.
The designs used on saree are Mughal inspired such as intricate intertwining floral and foliate motifs, kalga and bel, a string of upright leaves called jhallar at the outer, edge of border is a characteristic of these sarees. Other distinctive features are Heavy gold work, Compact weaving, figures with small details, metallic visual effects, pallus, jal (a net like pattern), and mina work.
The time taken to make a single sari depends upon how heavy work & design done on the saree. For a simple Banarasi Saree it takes up to 15 days or a month. For heavy work sarees it can even take up to six months for a single saree.
To get exclusive Banarasi Sarees straight form Varanasi. Mirraw is the best stop due our enormous collection, hospitality and express delivery services.
- Check the floats on the reverse side of the Banarasi saree, which is between the grids. If it’s a handwoven banarasi saree, then it must have that floats because machine cannot replicate that!
- Usually, an original Banarasi saree has traditional Persian handmade designs on it including amru, ambi and domak. However, the fake banarasi saree doesn’t have such designs on it.
- There are also pin marks on the banarasi saree, which is usually found on the selvage of the saree to fix the handloom saree.
- As it’s a banarasi silk saree, then it should be handled with care. It needs to dry cleaned once you have worn it 2 to 3 times.
- Luke warm water and mild detergent should be used while washing the banarasi silk saree.
- Dry cleaning is another way to maintain your banarasi silk saree.
- Go for full length skirt or embroidered silk lehenga.
- Try and experiment with your traditional banarasi silk saree and make it a dress either long or short one!
- You can also choose to go with the kurta/kurti with the banarasi silk saree because that will also look beautiful.
- Nowadays, long jackets are quite trendy, so this time you can try to experiment with your banarasi silk saree in an absolutely new way i.e. long jacket.