3 Items found
Sort By :
Design Catalog Remove Warning
Latest Galabiyyas Collection with Price
|Sr. No.||Galabiyyas List||Price (USD)|
|1.||Grey Plain Cotton Mens Galabiyya Thobe||USD 55.71|
|2.||Grey Plain Cotton Mens Galabiyya Thobe||USD 50.14|
|3.||Grey Plain Cotton Mens Galabiyya Thobe||USD 55.71|
Thobe: Status of Royalty and Wealth
Fashion plays a major part in every modern man’s life. There are trends to be followed, clothes to be bought and impressions to be made! However, you will never think about doing all these things with your traditional thobes. You will rarely see anyone wearing Islamic men’s clothing in a fashionable way. However, just because majority of the people haven’t been introduced to fashionable ways of wearing a thobe, doesn’t mean that it is a foreign concept in the fashion industry!
A thobe, which is also known as a thawb, is a garment which resembles a robe or tunic. These clothing items are more popularly worn in the Arabian Peninsula region where it is considered to be a symbol of tradition, pride and sophistication! They are built to cover entirety of the body from the neck to the ankle. Which is why, they also have loose and long sleeves.
Different regions of the middle-eastern countries wear slight variations of thobes which might be the absence of collars or buttons or the difference in the lengths of the thobes. This is why, a thobe is called by different names in all these regions. Here are a few different names used to describe this particular garment:
- Thobe word is popularly used in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain
- Jalabiyas or Galabiyyas is used in Upper Egypt and Libya
- Jubah or Jubbah is mostly used in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Pakistan
- Kethoneth is used in Israel
- Kaftan is used in Senegal
A Thobe is mostly made out of cotton, but can be found in different fabrics depending upon the region. For example, you might find Galabiyyas in thicker fabrics made out of wool in colder countries!
Let us look at some fashionable ways in which Thobes can be worn, making it one of the most stylish Islamic men’s clothing!
- Folded Sleeves:- While the traditional thobes have loose and long sleeves, the more modern variation include rolled up sleeves! This gives a very casual and confident look, making it appear more fashionable. This thobe also sports contrasting, dual colors, which makes it even more appealing!
- Buckled Thobe:- Buckled Thobes give a very formal vibe which is very intimidating and attractive. This fashionable way of wearing a thobe has been becoming quite popular! The buckles could be attached to the chest or the waist, making them fit your body perfectly!
- Open Thobe:- The open thobe or jalabiyas style is also a very fashionable piece of clothing. This creative twist to the clothing is a perfect combination of tradition with modern styles!
- High Collared Thobe:- Wearing your thobe with the collars up provides a very sporty look! It can make your boring traditional outfit look like something out of a runway! The beauty of this style actually lies in its simplicity!
- Thobes with Hoods:- Galabiyyas or thobes which have hoods have also started to be worn for fashion! The hood makes it look extremely modernish in look in today’s fashion industry!
If you wish to reinvent the way traditional thobes are worn today and make Islamic men’s clothing look fashionable, the above 5 styles of thobes are sure to do so for you!